Fact: When I cook a new, healthy dish for my family, the percentage of family members who like it looks something like this:
I like it 99% of the time (obv). My husband likes it 90% of the time (probably less but he knows better). My 12 year old daughter likes it 50% of the time and my 9 year old son about 70%.
So as you can see, it is quite easy to please me and my husband, but not necessarily my kids.
Fact: I don’t take a strong stance for or against any certain way of eating. In my opinion, the key to health is tons of veggie consumption.
Fact: VEGETABLE TACOS RULE
- EVERYONE in my family loves it. (My daughter said she even prefers these to meat tacos.)
- The main ingredient is vegetables.
- It’s a simple, easy recipe that can be fully prepped during the day.
- It makes enough for TWO meals so I always freeze half and use it for another night.
Need I say more?
- 2 to 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 carrots, peeled and cut into discs
- 2 red peppers, cut into thin slices
- 2 zucchini, cut into half moons
- 1 large onion, cut into large pieces
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup corn (I use canned.)
- Homemade taco spice mix (see below)
- Taco shells
- Guacamole, salsa and shredded cheese for topping
Taco Spice Mix
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (can omit if you don’t like kick)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1.5 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon dried minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- Heat two tablespoons of olive oil in a large pan.
- Saute the carrots for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the red peppers and saute for another 5 minutes.
- Add the onions and zucchini and the third tablespoon of oil and saute for another five minutes.
- Add the taco spice mix and stir to combine.
- Add the corn and beans, stir, and let it simmer for a minute or 2 until the corn gets hot.
- Place vegetables inside taco shells and top with guacamole, salsa and shredded cheese.
Do you want to get healthy, lose weight, & feel great…….. and STAY that way?
Fresh Start 28 will show you exactly how, step-by-step, so that healthy eating and weight loss happens seamlessly and without feelings of withdrawal or deprivation. Fresh Start 28 will be available for purchase in December, just in time for a Fresh Start to the new year.
Only people who sign up for this list will receive information for special, discounted pricing. So if you are thinking you will want a Fresh Start in the new year, you should definitely sign up now!