I subscribe to many newsletters relating to nutrition, fitness, etc. One of those newsletter is by a man named Yuri Elkaim.
Recently in his newsletter he shared a recipe for banana sushi!
I thought it was so clever so I decided to give it a try.
Here is what I found:
- It is scrummy!
- It is fun to eat!
- Both kids and hubby LOVED it!
- It is the perfect dessert!
- It is a nearly perfect snack! (Just go easy on the chocolate chips.)
- 2 bananas, preferably slightly underripe and shaped more straight than curved
- about ¼ cup peanut or almond butter
- about ⅓ cup topping of choice, such as: mini chocolate chips, chopped nuts, chia
seeds, coconut, or any combination of these
- Cut each banana in half crosswise.
- Stand the bananas up, cut side down, on a plate.
- Using a small spoon (or your hands), gently spread the nut butter all over each banana piece.
- Place the toppings on a plate. Transfer the banana halves to the plate and roll in the
- Place bananas in the fridge for 10 to 15 minutes for the nut butter to set.
- Slice the bananas into ‘sushi’ rounds!
*Recipe adapted from Yuri Elkaim