Sometimes I have to state the obvious. So here goes: most store bought desserts are filled with crap. Preservatives, food dye, harmful oils, soy lecithin…you name it – they’ve got it!
But really – who has time to make sure homemade desserts are available in their house at all times?!
Enter 3 ingredient creamy peanut butter mousse.
I made this last night and what a delight! Peanut butter happens to be one of my top 5 favorite foods, so for all of you fellow peanut butter fanatics out there – trust me – you’re gonna love this!
And it’s so easy. It literally has 3 ingredients: canned coconut milk, creamy peanut butter, and pitted dates. All you do is blend on high for one minute and put it in the fridge for at least 30 minutes to chill and harden a bit before you eat it. THAT’S IT!
This recipe made enough for 4 ramekins. Since my kids are allergic to peanuts (by the way – you can TOTALLY use creamy almond butter too) they are ALL MINE!
Simple, whole, real food. No chemicals. No crap. Unbelievably easy and ridiculously delicious.
Creamy Peanut Butter Mousse
- 1 can regular coconut milk (can use light if you prefer, but it probably won’t be as rich if you do)
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter (REAL peanut butter where the only ingredients are peanuts)
- 4 to 6 pitted dates, depending on how sweet you like it
- optional: cacao nibs to sprinkle on top
- Place all ingredients in a blender.
- Blend for 1 minute on high.
- Divide into ramekins or small bowls and sprinkle with cacao nibs
- Cover with Saran Wrap and put in fridge to chill & thicken for at least 30 minutes before eating.
If you enjoyed this article and want to get great tips like these delivered right to your inbox, please click here and enter your email to begin receiving weekly updates from Instill Health. Also, be sure to like us on facebook because you will find amazing recipes there that are not posted on the Instill Health website.