There is no denying the fact that my daughter inherited my sweet tooth. Both of us find it extremely challenging to go even one day without putting some type of dessert into our mouths.
And while I would never be so bold as to declare that fruit can take the place of Mallomars, I can say that this apple recipe definitely gets my daughter excited about eating a naturally sweet treat.
This is the perfect snack to prepare when the 7:00 P.M – 8:00 P.M. post dinner “Im hungry!” declaration comes in. It is very simple, easy to make, and is a great recipe to make together with your children.
Give it a try it but be sure to make enough for yourself. Trust me!
Apples (I suggest one per person who is having it.)
Cinnamon (Ceylon Cinnamon is the healthiest cinnamon out there.)
Optional: Coconut Crystals*
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2) Cut the apples into thin slices and lay them flat on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. I like to lightly grease the parchment paper so the apples don’t stick.
3) Sprinkle a little cinnamon on top of the apples
4) Optional: Sprinkle some coconut crystals on the apples for a little extra sweetness.
4) Bake in oven for 12 to 15 minutes
*Coconut crystals, although certainly not a health food, are considered to be a healthier choice than regular table sugar as a sweetener. Lower on the glycemic index, coconut sugar does not induce as big of a spike in your blood sugar after consuming as white sugar does.